Marking Your Ballot
1. Read the instructions printed on each ballot card.
2. Use a pen with black or dark blue ink.
3. Fill in the oval next to your selection for the contest or measure, as shown in picture 1.
4. To vote for a qualified write-in candidate, write the candidate’s name in the space at the end of the candidate list and fill in the oval next to the space; for a list of qualified write-in candidates, visit sfelections.org/writein on or after February 21, or ask a poll worker.
5. If you do not want to vote on a certain contest or measure, leave it blank. Your votes for the other contests and measures will still count.
6. Do not write personal information, such as your name, anywhere on the ballot.
7. Made a mistake? To get a replacement ballot, go to sfelections.org/voterportal, call (415) 554-4375, or ask a poll worker.