Local Ballot Measure and Argument Information
Pursuant to local law, this pamphlet includes the following information related to local ballot measures:
1. The identification of each measure by letter and title,
2. The City Attorney’s statement or question,
3. The Ballot Simplification Committee’s digest (summary),
4. The Controller's financial analysis,
5. An explanation of how the measure qualified to be on the ballot,
6. The legal text which begins on page 193, and
7. Any additional information required by the San Francisco Municipal Elections Code (SFMEC) §500.
The following arguments may be provided for a local ballot measure:
1. One proponent’s argument selected in accordance with SFMEC §545 and printed free of charge,
2. One opponent’s argument selected in accordance with SFMEC §545 and printed free of charge,
3. One rebuttal to each of the measure’s proponent’s or opponent’s arguments, selected in accordance with SFMEC §550 and printed free of charge.
4. Any paid arguments, submitted in accordance with SFMEC §555-570. (All of the paid arguments in favor of a measure are printed together, followed by all paid arguments opposed to that measure. All arguments are strictly the opinions of their authors and are printed as submitted, including any typographical, spelling, or grammatical errors).