Local Ballot Measure and Argument Information
The following impartial information is provided for all local ballot measures:
1. The identification of each measure by letter and title
2. The City Attorney's statement or question for each measure
3. The digest of each measure prepared by the Ballot Simplification Committee
4. The Controller's financial analysis of each measure
5. An explanation of how the measure qualified to be on the ballot
6. The legal text for each measure (the legal text begins on page 158 in the SFVIP or viewed online under the Local Ballot Measures section)
7. Any additional information required by the San Francisco Municipal Elections Code (SFMEC) §500.
The following arguments may be provided for each local ballot measure:
1. One proponent’s argument (in favor of the measure), selected in accordance with SFMEC §545 and printed free of charge
2. One opponent’s argument (against the measure), selected in accordance with SFMEC §545 and printed free of charge
3. One rebuttal (counter argument) to each of the measure’s proponent’s or opponent’s arguments, selected in accordance with SFMEC §550 and printed free of charge
4. Any paid arguments, submitted in accordance with SFMEC §555-570 are printed on the pages following the proponent’s and opponent’s arguments and rebuttals. All of the paid arguments in favor of a measure are printed together, followed by the paid arguments opposed to that measure. Paid arguments for each measure are printed in order of submission.
All arguments are strictly the opinions of their authors. Arguments are printed as submitted, including any typographical, spelling, or grammatical errors.