My occupation is Appointed Public Defender.
My qualifications are:
I have served the city of San Francisco through the Public Defender’s Office for the past 11 years, working as a Deputy Public Defender in Contra Costa County 7 years before that.
San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi promoted me from line deputy to Training Director to Felony Unit Manager. After the tragic loss of Jeff Adachi, I was appointed to continue Jeff’s legacy of excellence and innovation in the job of defending the public.
I am committed to:
• Growing an office of vigorous litigators, burning with the fire of equal justice for all
• Keeping immigrant families together by fighting unjust deportations
• Funding social services to facilitate healthy reintegration into communities
• Integrity unit to ensure criminal legal reforms reach intended beneficiaries
• Holding government actors accountable.
• Co-founder Public Defenders For Racial Justice
• Lecturer for California Public Defenders Association and California Attorneys for Criminal Justice on successfully trying complicated cases
• South Asian Bar Association-North America’s 2019 Public Interest Award.
I attended Berkeley School of Law, undergrad from Columbia University.
I’m proud to be endorsed by:
• Mayor London Breed
• Board of Supervisors President Norman Yee
• Supervisors Hillary Ronen, Matt Haney, Shamann Walton, Sandra Lee Fewer, Aaron Peskin, Gordon Mar, Rafael Mandelman, Asha Safai
• Former Supervisor Matt Gonzalez
• Marin County Public Defender Jose Varela
• Solano County Chief Deputy Public Defender Oscar Bobrow
• Asian American Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
• Harvey Milk LGBTQ Democratic Club
• Bernal Heights Democratic Club
For more information, visit votemano.com or reach out @VoteManoSF.
I’m asking for your vote to show strong support for San Francisco’s model public defender office. Thank you.