My occupation is District 5 Supervisor.
My qualifications are:
I’m proud to represent our District 5 neighborhoods. I’ll be your voice at a critical time for San Francisco. In my 25 years as a neighborhood activist, affordable housing leader, and legislative aide, I’ve always worked to improve our communities:
• Organized neighbors to stop violence in the early 2000s
• Co-founded Lower Haight Neighborhood Association
• Rallied neighbors to save John Muir Elementary in the Western Addition
• Created D5’s first parklets and farmers’ markets
• Helped create major environmental policies: the first plastic bag ban; CleanPowerSF renewable energy
As someone who grew up in poverty, I’m focused on our housing, homelessness, and quality of life challenges. Recent accomplishments and priorities include:
• Turned underused City land into affordable housing
• Created Neighborhood Preference policy, prioritizing D5 renters for local affordable housing
• Uncovered the MUNI driver shortage, and am holding MUNI accountable
• Addressing homelessness through navigation centers for youth and car/RV dwellers, and daytime resting places to get off the streets
• Fighting for women’s rights by limiting San Francisco from doing business with states banning abortion
Endorsed by neighborhood leaders, Mayor London Breed, Former Democratic Party Chair John Burton, Senator Scott Wiener, Assemblymember David Chiu, Board of Supervisors colleagues President Norman Yee, Catherine Stefani, Shamann Walton, Ahsha Safai, Sandra Lee Fewer.