My occupation is President, Board of Supervisors.
My qualifications are:
As Acting Mayor following the tragic death of Mayor Ed Lee, I led San Francisco through a stable transition, uniting us in difficult times.
While our city is experiencing incredible economic success, too many have been left out. I’m running for Mayor because I believe in a San Francisco where we ALL succeed.
Raised by my grandmother in public housing, I’m a lifelong San Franciscan, graduate of San Francisco public schools, and have been twice elected District 5 Supervisor and President of the Board of Supervisors.
I have worked to increase affordable housing citywide, transform unused public housing units into homes for homeless families, modernize Muni’s fleet, and improve public safety. But there is more work to do.
As your Mayor, I will:
• Reduce homelessness, especially for families and children
• Provide affordable homes for families and working people, including teachers, nurses, and firefighters
• Reduce car break-ins and property crimes
• Deliver reliable, fast, and clean Muni service
• Defend San Francisco values and protect the rights of women, the LGBTQ community, immigrants, and working families--no matter what happens in Washington D.C.
Join me, and let’s put San Francisco back on the right track for everyone.
I’m proud to be endorsed by Senator Kamala Harris, Sheriff Vicki Hennessy, and Supervisors Malia Cohen, Ahsha Safai and Katy Tang!