My occupation is Deputy Public Defender.
My qualifications are:
Our criminal justice system is broken.
75% of people jailed in San Francisco suffer mental illness or drug addiction. Instead of racist mass incarceration, every arrest should be an opportunity to break the cycle of crime.
I have the experience to meet this challenge:
• Handled hundreds of felony cases at Hall of Justice
• Established reform to protect immigrants from ICE
• Leading effort to end money bail in California
As District Attorney, I will fight for fundamental reform:
• Reduce mass incarceration
• End money bail
• Expand language access & combat racial injustice
• Give victims a voice in every case
• Focus resources on serious and violent felonies
• Effectively prosecute corporate crime, police misconduct, public corruption
Please join my supporters:
ORGANIZATIONS: Smart Justice California; Real Justice PAC; American Federation of Teachers Local 2121; San Francisco Rising Action Fund; Harvey Milk Club; San Francisco Latino Club; San Francisco Tenants Union, San Francisco League of Conservation Voters; Progressive Democrats of America - California.
ELECTED LEADERS: Supervisors Sandra Lee Fewer, Aaron Peskin, Gordon Mar, Hillary Ronen; Tom Ammiano; David Campos; Jane Kim.
DISTRICT ATTORNEYS: Larry Krasner, Rachel Rollins.
POLICE COMMISSIONERS: Cindy Elias, Petra De Jesus; former Commissioner Peter Keane
LEGAL & COMMUNITY LEADERS: Angela Davis, Shaun King, Patrisse Cullors, Danny Glover, John Keker, Drucilla Ramey, Doron Weinberg; Judge Tomar Mason (ret), Barry Scheck, Tyra Fennell
Learn more at www.chesaboudin.com