My occupation is City Attorney.
My qualifications are:
I’m proud to lead an office that the American Bar Association has honored for outstanding excellence. We do important work serving city departments — but we also use the power of the law to make a difference in the lives of San Franciscans.
We’ve done that by fighting for…
• Affordable housing. Taking on rogue developers and real estate cheats, and ending fraud in local affordable housing programs.
• Renters and seniors. Punishing abusive landlords, securing affordable housing for seniors, saving rent-controlled apartments from unlawful uses for tourist rentals, and enforcing laws that save thousands from eviction.
• Gun safety. Fighting the NRA successfully to preserve common-sense local laws and halt high-capacity weapons shipments to California.
• Working families and consumers. Winning millions in backpay and benefits for wage theft victims, and ending predatory lending practices.
• City College of San Francisco. Suing accreditors bent on closing City College, and keeping the doors to higher education open for 63,000 students.
We’ve done important work for San Francisco. And today — in the Donald Trump era, with federal legal resources turned against localities, Medicare, women, minorities, LGBTQ equality, immigrants and more — our work has never been more important.
I respectfully ask for your vote to continue it.
Dennis J. Herrera