My occupation is District 9 Supervisor.
My qualifications are:
I’m a civil rights attorney and mom who’s had the honor of serving as your Supervisor.
During my first term I tackled the biggest issues facing San Francisco and fought against complacency in City Hall:
• Worked with community to secure 1366 affordable homes for our District.
• Created Mental Health SF, a program that gets mentally ill homeless people off the streets and into care.
• Reduced the number of homeless people sleeping on the streets – one of only two Districts to see a reduction and working to make further improvements every day.
• Passed legislation to create independence from PG&E and run the greenest public utility in the nation.
• Created the Office of Sexual Harassment and Assault Response and Prevention to ensure survivors of sexual violence are treated respectfully.
• Quadrupled daily cleaning of the 16th Street Bart Station and many areas of the District.
• Raised wages for San Francisco homecare workers.
• Created programs to save small businesses and help the most vulnerable during the COVID-19 crisis.
• Authored legislation to grant youth the right to have a parent present while being questioned by the police.
I am honored to be endorsed by:
United Educators of San Francisco
San Francisco Firefighters Union
San Francisco Tenants Union
National Union of Healthcare Workers
Affordable Housing Alliance
Former Assemblymember Tom Ammiano
Assemblymember Phil Ting
Democratic Party Chair David Campos
Supervisor Matt Haney
Supervisor Shamann Walton
Public Defender Manojar Raju
District Attorney Chesa Boudin
Police Commissioner Cindy Elias
Police Commissioner Petra de Jesus* (For identification purposes only.)