My occupation is Technology Equity Director.
My qualifications are:
I was born and raised in this neighborhood and as Supervisor, I’ll work every day for middle class families and restore independent leadership. My priorities are:
• Leading our COVID-19 response to protect public health and support small business recovery
• Preventing cuts to neighborhood schools
• Ensuring everyone who needs a quality job can find one
• Keeping San Francisco affordable so we can all live here
• Addressing homelessness: helping veterans, families, and individuals with mental health challenges.
• Directing public safety resources toward crime prevention
My wife and I met in high school at St. Ignatius and today we’re raising our daughter in West Portal. My experience makes me uniquely qualified to represent us at City Hall:
• Technology Equity Director – connecting underserved residents to high-speed Internet so we can all learn and work remotely.
• Mayor Ed Lee’s Street Safety Director – overseeing the Vision Zero safety plan, delivering 13 miles of improvements, creating hundreds of construction jobs.
• Neighborhood leader – helping lead the Resilient West Portal COVID-19 response.
I’m also active in our community:
• Member, St. Brendan’s Catholic Church
• Delegate, West of Twin Peaks Central Council
• Board Member, Greater West Portal Neighborhood Association
Please join California State Treasurer Fiona Ma and hundreds of neighbors in supporting our campaign.
Questions? Visit www.benmatranga.com or call me directly: 415-484-5870.