My occupation is San Francisco Board of Education Commissioner / Non-Profit Executive Director.
My qualifications are:
I’m a San Francisco native; our City is changing dramatically. I grew up in public housing, knowing how difficult it is to face eviction because you can’t afford rent or what it’s like to lose a childhood friend to gun violence. In our rapidly growing City, we must not give up the fight for those who need our help most.
I’ve dedicated my life to bringing jobs to our community, addressing homelessness, and making our streets safer.
As a San Francisco Board of Education member, I’ve fought to close the achievement gap, increase teacher pay, and build housing for educators. As Executive Director of Young Community Developers, I placed thousands of district residents into living-wage jobs, built 100% affordable housing units, helped create new community-policing practices, and will be staffing the new Navigation Center in our district for our homeless community.
As Supervisor, I will continue to combat homelessness and housing affordability, improve our public schools, and keep our neighborhoods safe.
My supporters include:
• United Educators of San Francisco
• California Nurses Association (#2)
• SEIU Local 1021
• San Francisco Firefighters Local 798
• Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
• Assemblymembers: David Chiu, Phil Ting
• Democratic County Central Committee Chair David Campos
• Public Defender Jeff Adachi
• Assessor/Recorder Carmen Chu
• San Francisco Supervisors: Sandra Lee Fewer, Aaron Peskin, London Breed, Norman Yee, Hillary Ronen, Malia Cohen, Ahsha Safai
• Former Supervisor Sophie Maxwell
• San Francisco Board of Education: Hydra Mendoza-McDonnell, Mark Sanchez, Stevon Cook, Matt Haney, Emily Murase, Rachel Norton
• City College Trustees: Thea Shelby, Brigette Davila, Alex Randolph, Rafael Mandelman, Shanell Williams