My occupation is Assessor Recorder.
My qualifications are:
I’ve focused on transforming the Assessor’s office to deliver nearly $3 billion in annual revenue for vital city services including public education, housing, public safety, senior services, and street cleaning.
Raising Bar on Accountability
• Eliminating backlogs and resolving appeals; generated over half a billion dollars above expectations to fund our most pressing challenges like affordable housing, safety, street maintenance, homeless navigation centers.
• Closed loopholes to hold the largest corporations responsible for paying their fair share – $38 million in underreported transfer taxes identified.
• Implemented performance tools and streamlined processes to remove barriers to building more housing.
• Launched online filing and recording; redesigned website for better customer service.
• 2.6 million historical records transitioned from paper to searchable digital files; data safeguarded for disaster recovery.
• Overhauling dated tax system for greater transparency and efficiency.
• Helped over 800, mostly monolingual families, access free counseling from financial and legal professionals.
• Connected low and middle-income families to foreclosure prevention services.
• Introduced legislation extending tax benefits for locally registered domestic partners who previously didn’t have the opportunity to marry.
Proud to be endorsed by Mayor London Breed, Senator Scott Wiener, Supervisor Aaron Peskin, Sheriff Vicki Hennessy.
I respectfully ask for your vote.