My occupation is Retired Entrepreneur.
My qualifications are:
Three issues form the core of my campaign:
1. Cutting bloated US military spending by 5% per year for 10 years. Every year, members of Congress vote overwhelmingly to fund the military. Everything else results in endless debate, posturing and gridlock.
2. An Improved Medicare for All. In other countries, people enjoy better healthcare at a much lower cost. We could learn from their success.
3. Housing is a human right. Restore federal funding for workforce housing. End homelessness in the U.S.
I am also an advocate for:
Overturning Citizens United (Corporations are not people and money is not speech.)
$15 national minimum wage
Eliminating tuition and student debt at public universities
A real path to citizenship for the undocumented
GMO food labeling
Ending drone warfare
For more detail, on these and other issues, visit Barry4Congress.org
A brief bio:
- Member, San Francisco Green Party County Council
- Organizer, Single Payer Now (Improved Medicare for All)
- Member, Executive Committee, Sierra Club, San Francisco Group
- Co-author, San Francisco’s 2003 minimum wage initiative that improved wages for 54,000 people.
- Co-chair, SF Living Wage Coalition, which passed legislation increasing wages for 20,000 workers.
- President, Merchants of Upper Market and Castro
- Owner/operator of Hermanson’s Employment Services
- Co-chair, California Green Party Coordinating Committee
- Treasurer, San Francisco Network Ministries Housing Corporation, providing low income housing
415-255-9494 (Please leave a message. I will return your call)
Barry [at] Barry4Congress.org