My occupation is Assemblymember.
My qualifications are:
As the Chair of the Assembly Budget Committee, virtually every spending proposal crosses my desk. My mission is to make sure your hard-earned tax dollars are well spent to tackle the homeless crisis, build more affordable housing, improve our schools, protect our health and our environment, address transportation gridlock and work to improve our quality of life.
With those vital goals top of mind, in the past two years I wrote and passed legislation that:
• Protects the public by making it faster to take dangerous weapons out of the hands of potentially dangerous individuals.
• Protects the environment and our health by speeding up the transition to electric vehicles.
• Promotes affordable housing by making it much easier to build backyard cottages – particularly in those suburban cities that were resisting them.
As Budget Chair, I can make sure we in San Francisco are receiving our fair share. In the past two years, we have brought home hundreds of millions of our tax dollars to:
• Create more affordable housing.
• Build more supportive housing to help the homeless transition off the streets.
• Expand daycare options and pre-school.
• Provide record levels of state funding for our public schools, over $12,000 per student.
My wife Susan and I are raising two daughters. I think about them before every vote – remembering that we are all working today to create a better future.
I’m proud to have won the support of the California Teachers Association, California Professional Firefighters, the Sierra Club and many others. I hope you will join us at www. PhilTing.com.