My occupation is Assemblymember.
My qualifications are:
As the Chair of the Assembly Budget Committee, virtually every spending proposal crosses my desk. My mission is making sure your hard-earned tax dollars are spent effectively as we organize the recovery from COVID-19.
To help meet the challenges ahead I have co-authored a bold economic recovery plan to get Californians back to work building housing, creating clean energy and repairing our infrastructure.
As Budget Chair, I can make sure we in San Francisco are receiving our fair share. In the past two years, we have brought home hundreds of millions of our tax dollars to:
• Create more affordable housing.
• Build more supportive housing to help the homeless transition off the streets.
• Expand daycare options and pre-school.
To protect our quality of life I have passed legislation that:
• Helps take guns out of the hands of potentially dangerous individuals.
• Speeds up the transition to electric vehicles.
• Creates affordable housing by making it much easier to build backyard cottages – particularly in those suburban cities that were resisting them.
I’m proud to have won the support of the California Teachers Association, California Professional Firefighters, the Sierra Club and many others. I hope you will join us at www.PhilTing.com.
Our city has shown how we can protect each other when we all do our part. Please stay safe by wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance, washing your hands frequently and staying home if you are sick.
We are stronger than this virus! Please stay safe.