My occupation is Supervisor, City and County of San Francisco.
My qualifications are:
As a San Francisco Supervisor, eviction defense attorney, and educator, I’ve delivered progressive, practical solutions to San Francisco’s toughest challenges. I championed guaranteed mental health care for all, 24-hour bathrooms, 5,000+ new housing units in my district, and oversaw record investments in housing, public safety and economic recovery as Budget Chair.
When the pandemic hit, I authored legislation to house 2,000+ people experiencing homelessness, worked shifts at a COVID shelter hotel during a staff shortage, delivered mass vaccination sites citywide, and launched relief programs to save our most cherished small businesses.
I’m running for State Assembly because we need bold, effective leadership to confront the unaffordable cost of housing, homelessness crisis, and climate change.
• Build 100,000 new housing units in San Francisco over 10 years to make housing more affordable for all.
• Expand supportive housing and mental health care to dramatically reduce street homelessness.
• Confront climate change with investments in renewable energy and sustainable transit.
• Make huge corporations and CEOs who made billions during the pandemic pay their fair share.
• Fully fund California’s schools and universities.
• Protect LGBTQ+ rights, civil rights, and women’s rights under attack by national Republicans.
• Support community policing, stop anti-Asian hate crimes, and get guns off the streets.
Endorsed by dozens of leaders & organizations including:
• Attorney General Rob Bonta
• California Professional Firefighters
• California School Employees Association
• California Faculty Association
• California Pediatricians’ Association
• SEIU California
• SEIU United Health Care Workers
• Chinese American Democratic Club
• San Francisco Doctors
• Board of Supervisors President Shamann Walton
• San Francisco Democratic Party Chair Honey Mahogany
• Asian Pacific Islander Caucus Chair Senator Richard Pan
• Progressive Caucus Chair Assemblymember Ash Kalra
• Housing Committee Chair Assemblymember Buffy Wicks
• Sheriff Paul Miyamoto
• BART Board Member Lateefah Simon
• Police Commissioner Larry Yee
• League of Pissed Off Voters (dual endorsement)