My occupation is Assemblymember.
My qualifications are:
During this pandemic, recession and outcry against structural racism, we lift people up by working together. Since my last election, I’ve worked hard to protect San Franciscans now, while building a stronger City into the future. I have:
- Enacted new historic protections for 8 million renters against rent-gouging and unjust evictions, while fighting to protect tenants from evictions during COVID-19.
- Ensured California cities can create public banks, investing our public’s money in local communities.
- Delivered billions of dollars for our affordable housing and homelessness crises, while pushing the Bay Area to tackle these crises as one unified region and hold cities accountable.
- Fought Trump by holding for-profit colleges accountable for student outcomes, ensuring transgender and non-binary graduates have their identity accurately reflected in educational records, and defending immigrant worker protections.
- During these trying times, I’ve fought anti-Asian hate, structural racism in our criminal justice system, unemployment claim delays, and cuts to our senior programs, health care, schools and social safety net.
This has been an extremely challenging time for San Franciscans. But I remain optimistic that by standing up for vulnerable communities, rebuilding a fairer economy, and fighting for justice, we can build a stronger San Francisco and California for all.
California Democratic Party
California Nurses Association
California Teachers Association
Speaker Nancy Pelosi
US Senators Kamala Harris and Dianne Feinstein
Governor Gavin Newsom
Mayor London Breed
Supervisors Rafael Mandelman, Aaron Peskin, Ahsha Safai, Catherine Stefani, Shamann Walton, Norman Yee