My occupation is Assemblymember.
My qualifications are:
While running for the Assembly, I committed to delivering results on the challenges facing San Francisco and California. With Trump’s shocking election, I vowed to protect our city and state as California leads the Resistance.
During this past legislative session, we have done both:
- As Assembly Housing Committee Chair, successfully championed passage of a historic package to address the housing crisis by creating a permanent source of affordable housing funding, holding cities accountable to build housing, and streamlining the process.
- Provided billions of dollars of new funding for roads, public transit and congestion relief.
- Delivered justice for sexual assault survivors by requiring law enforcement to track untested rape kits.
- Protected immigrant families with new workplace and tenant protections.
- Allowed data collection so government can better serve LGBTQ Californians.
- Gave all California residents one year of free community college.
- Established transparency requirements to shine light on skyrocketing drug prices.
As a San Franciscan and a parent, there’s much work to do to improve our city for future generations. This year, I’m fighting to provide new funding and solutions for homelessness, expand tenant protections, address school bullying, protect domestic violence survivors, increase employment for immigrants, and work towards universal health coverage.
My supporters include:
California League of Conservation Voters
California Nurses Association
California Teachers Association
United Farm Workers
US Senator Dianne Feinstein
US Senator Kamala Harris
Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
Attorney General Xavier Becerra
Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon
Our work continues. Join our fight.
David S. Chiu