My occupation is Assemblymember.
My qualifications are:
I’m proud to have been elected to represent San Francisco’s 17th Assembly District in the April 2022 special election.
I’ve already hit the ground running in Sacramento tackling the toughest challenges in our city and state: homelessness, climate change, public safety, and housing affordability.
In my first act as Assemblymember, I co-authored a bill package protecting a woman’s right to choose here in California. I was appointed as Assistant Majority Leader for Policy and Research to lead our caucus’ work on developing innovative, actionable policy research and proposals. And I’ve led on critical legislation that will build housing, get severely mentally ill people off the streets into care, reduce carbon emissions, and prevent gun violence.
As your Assemblymember, I will always work to protect fundamental rights, and fight for practical, bold solutions to the big challenges we are facing.
· Build 100,000 new housing units in San Francisco over 10 years to make housing more affordable for all.
· Expand supportive housing and mental health care to dramatically reduce street homelessness.
· Protect a women’s right to choose, LGBTQ+ rights, and civil rights.
· Confront climate change with investments in renewable energy and sustainable transit.
· Support community policing, stop anti-Asian hate crimes, and get guns and fentanyl off the streets with effective consequences.
· Make huge corporations and CEOs who made billions during the pandemic pay their fair share.
Endorsed by dozens of leaders & organizations, including:
· Governor Gavin Newsom
· Attorney General Rob Bonta
· California Professional Firefighters
· California Nurses Association
· California Federation of Teachers
· California Environmental Voters
· Equality California
· SEIU California
· NARAL Pro-Choice California
· Planned Parenthood Northern California Action Fund
· Alice B. Toklas LGBTQ Democratic Club
· Chinese American Democratic Club
· San Francisco Women’s Political Committee
Learn more at MattHaney.com