My occupation is President, Board of Supervisors.
My qualifications are:
I was born in District 5, and raised by my grandmother in public housing. I’m a lifelong renter and live in the Lower Haight with my roommate Ben.
As your District 5 Supervisor and Board President, I’ve worked to address the issues you care about and hope to earn your support again.
• Passed legislation prioritizing neighborhood residents for affordable housing in our community.
• Introduced San Francisco’s highest affordable housing requirements, and protected thousands of rent-controlled units from demolition.
• Rehabilitated vacant public housing units, providing permanent housing for 179 homeless families.
• Supported programs to get homeless youth off the street and into jobs.
• Increased police beat patrols in our commercial corridors.
• Put dozens of new ambulances on the street, improving response times by 26%.
• Replaced hundreds of outdated Muni buses and trains, launched the 5 Fulton Rapid, and increased service along Haight Street.
• Created a one-stop job center in the Western Addition, helping hundreds of residents find jobs.
• Launched CleanPowerSF, San Francisco’s most important climate change initiative.
− Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
− Attorney General Kamala Harris
− Senator Mark Leno
− John Burton, Former Congressman
− San Francisco Firefighters Local 798
− San Francisco Women’s Political Committee
− Thea Selby, Lower Haight Community Leader
− Lisa Zahner, President, Alamo Square Neighborhood Association*
− Martha Ehrenfeld, President, Inner Sunset Park Neighbors*
− Chuck Canepa, President, Cole Valley Neighborhood Association*
− Monetta White, President, Lower Fillmore Merchants*
− Michael Gaines, President, Lower Haight Merchants & Neighbors Association*
* for identification purposes only