My occupation is Public Schoolteacher / Parent.
My qualifications are:
A public school teacher for our public schools!
San Francisco hasn’t elected a teacher to the school board in 12 years – let’s change that in this election!
− Public school Social Studies and Language Arts teacher
− Decade of teaching experience including in our SFUSD
− Young parent dedicated to seeing my daughter thrive in quality neighborhood schools
− Product of San Francisco schools
− San Francisco Pedestrian Safety Advisory Committee member
− SFUSD Quality Teacher and Education Act (QETA) Oversight Committee member
− School site teachers union representative
− Former board member Inner Sunset Park Neighborhood Association
My focus on the school board will be:
• Fix the lottery assignment system
• Fight for equity
• Focus on school safety
• Support advanced coursework for students who need a challenge
• Prioritize parent communication and feedback
• Recruit and retain the best teachers possible by paying them a living wage
• Prepare students for academic excellence while offering opportunities for the arts, vocational education, advanced math, and extended language pathways
Please help elect a parent and teacher to our Board of Education.
I would be honored to earn your vote. Thank you.
My supporters include:
The San Francisco Parent Political Action Committee
The SF Building and Trades Council
State Treasurer John Chiang
State Board of Equalization Member Fiona Ma
State Assemblyman Phil Ting
State Assemblyman David Chiu
Assessor-Recorder Carmen Chu
Board President London Breed
Supervisor Katy Tang
Supervisor Mark Farrell
Supervisor Scott Weiner
Community College Trustees: Steve Ngo, Alex Randolph, Amy Bacharach, Thea Shelby, and John Rizzo