My occupation is San Francisco Supervisor.
My qualifications are:
I am running for State Senate to make sure our working and middle class families get a fair shake.
• Our housing costs are out of control – that’s why I have fought for more affordable housing and tough new protections for tenants.
• To lift more families into the middle class - I fought to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
• To make our streets safer – I am fighting to help local police and first responders live in the communities they serve.
• I am fighting to help homeless residents get off the streets and into permanent housing – and for a statewide emergency declaration to bring in new funds.
• And I am fighting to make City College free once again – funded by asking the very wealthy to pay just a little more to provide better educational opportunities for thousands of students.
As a San Francisco Supervisor and former President of the San Francisco Board of Education, I know that when we invest in our communities, our students and our workers, we create new possibilities and new opportunities for every single person in this district.
Our campaign to build a California that works for everyone has won the support of U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders, California Democratic Party Chair John Burton, Tom Ammiano, Phil Ting, California Democratic Legislative Women’s Caucus, Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus, California Women’s List, the Latino Democratic Club, the Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club, San Francisco Tenants Union, the California Teachers and Nurses Associations and so many more.
Please join our fight at www.JaneKim.org and I’d be honored to have your vote on November 8.